Saturday, November 18, 2006

National Writing Project Annual Conference

What do you say? If you've been to a National Writing Project event, it's overwhelming in the best way. For the first time, we had representatives (besides me) from Springfield. Barb and Laura came, two high school teachers who will participate in, hopefully, our first invitational summer institute next summer.

I was just telling Barb about the Red Cedar Writing Project's NWP annual conference "homework." They have their TC's blog the conference in exchange for paying for travel expenses. They met before the conference and cleared up any technical problems. They learned to blog and podcast too. That's an awesome idea that I will be stealing.

I'll talk more about NWP and NCTE when I'm not quite so tired.

No comments: